Awhile back, when I was searching for the Trek Bars recipe, I tried a few other Granola Bar recipes along the way. This one is a no-bake chewy granola bar one, that I’ve never been able to keep in bars. The original recipe is found here. I’ve found there are lots of variations you can make to just about any granola recipe. Just try to keep the amount of dry ingredients the same as the original recipe. I don’t even mind that these don’t really stay in bar form for me. I love to just grab a handful, throw it in a bowl with some plain greek yogurt, fresh fruit, and its great post-workout or a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack.
No Bake Granola (Bars)
1/2 c chopped almonds or other nuts
1/2 c raw sunflower seeds
1 2/3 c raisins and/or other dried fruit
2 c rolled oats
2 c puffed millet
1/2 c nut butter
1/2 c honey
1 tsp vanilla
(variations or add-ins: wheat germ, flax seeds, chia seeds, etc)
1. Spray 13 x 9 pan. Mix nuts, seeds, raisins, oats, millet. Mix well.
2. Melt honey and nut butter together on stove. Add vanilla.
3. Pour 1/2 the honey mixture over dry mix and stir well for 5 minutes
4. Pour rest of honey mixture and mix another 5 minutes
5. Transfer to pan and press FIRMLY
6. Cover, refrigerate overnight. Cut into bars, individually wrap, and store in fridge up to 1 week. Or if you are me, dump it all into a giant ziploc and store in the fridge.